Sunday, June 15, 2008

Precious 3-week Experience at a Meditation Center

Dear friends and family,

I recently tasted a nectar so sweet that I must tell you of the tree from which it's fruit fell... Such an opportunity so rare, that few will have a chance to take it in this lifetime... take the course that will shed light on depths unconscious, lead to truths rarely experienced...

I've just returned from a month at a vipassana meditation center in Massachussets. I attended 2 courses and volunteered in between. The benefits I have realized from the visit are inumerable. I attended my first 10-Day course in Taiwan 1 year ago. I was quite skeptical of the organization and teachings during my first course... but by the end of my first 10-day course, I was amazed at the increased peace and balance I was experiencing. I felt such great benefit from the course, that I immediately volunteered at the Taiwan center to help with the next course. After volunteering at the Taiwan center and at the Massachussetts center this year, I began to discover what a wonderful organization it is. An organization offering EVERYONE the opportunity to have 10 days to look within, know thyself, and discover the truth that resides deep within each and every one of us. The course teaches tools that lead practitioners to deeper peace and happiness and help the practitioner better steer through the trials and tribulations life is bound to bring each one of us. I have also come to know that one can stay true to their own faith, of any religion, and attend a vipassana meditation course without conflict. A vipassana meditation course will only serve to strengthen one's morality, devotion, faith, peace, and compassion.

"There are no charges for the courses - not even to cover the cost of food and accommodation. All expenses are met by donations from people who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the opportunity to also benefit."

International Website: http://www.dhamma.org/

So, your seat is waiting for you. All you need to do is find the time; the 10 days to attend. Many of you know of,.. have followed,.. or have even joined me on my adventures and travels through the last decade. And many of you look forward to your next vacation, when you can take your next adventure to some far away place... But after all of my travels... I am amazed to have experienced the greatest adventure, the greatest benefit, the most peace and happiness by traveling WITHIN during this 10-day meditation course. And depending on your location... you may not have to travel so far to attend a course. There are Vipassana Meditation Centers around the world that are run by volunteers that are old students. These old students come to the centers to voluntarily serve, so that others may experience the same benefit that they themselves have experienced... and such has been my motivation for the 4 courses I've volunteered for this year. Visit their website to find the closest center to you: ( http://www.dhamma.org/ )
See some videos about Vipassana Meditation here: http://www.pariyatti.org/podcasts/

Through the course, I had the chance to sharpen my awareness, consciously observe my thoughts, habits, and patterns, and develop a more peaceful, balanced, loving, compassionate mind... all the while learning a technique that will allow me to do so more often.

During the course I explored my relationship with:

my past
people
food
habits
anger
sadness
addictions
self
authority
time
sleep
love
life
death
plans for the future
and more...

and gleaned new knowledge and wisdom about each one. As I left old habits behind, I began developing new ones that I always dreamed of achieving. I cannot recommend this course highly enough. Thank you to Dan, Michael, Rebecca, and Jeff for recommending this course to me while I was in Taiwan. You have shared with me an invaluable gift!

I have cancelled my plans to Beijing for the 2008 Olympics as I feel it would better benefit myself and therefore the world by staying where I am and serving my family and the Vipassana meditation center in Massachussetts this summer here:
( http://www.dhara.dhamma.org/ns/ ).

Taiwan Vipassana Centers Information (Taichung County, Kaohsiung County, and Occasional Hualien courses):
The main Taiwan Vipassana Center is located 40 minutes east-north :) of Taichung City.

English course schedule for Taichung: http://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/schudaya.shtml
English course schedule for Kaohsiung: http://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/schvikasa.shtml
The 中文的 website is here for Chinese: http://www.udaya.dhamma.org/
Here is the Taiwan website in English: http://140.116.94.15/TVC/Web/eng-nt.htm

No comments: